To ensure that pets to go away the Hawaii airport, there’s a multi-step strategy of exhibiting proof of two rabies vaccinations and passing an OIE-FAVN (Fluorescent Antibody Virus Neutralization) blood take a look at measuring the response of the immune system to the rabies vaccine, after a 30 day ready interval. Then, you need to meet particular island necessities.
Following the state’s guidelines ensures your pet received’t get caught on the Hawaii Animal Quarantine Station.
When ought to I begin planning my journey to Hawaii with my canine?
Plan early, months prematurely, for Hawaii’s tight vaccine necessities, lengthy earlier than flight time, in line with Hawaii’s Division of Agriculture (HDOA), Animal Quarantine Station division. Notify your vet as quickly as doable to schedule your canine’s appointments throughout the suitable timeframe (see under) earlier than your journey.
Overview the pre-flight guidelines earlier than you and your canine journey to Hawaii
A collection of steps have to be taken for a canine to be launched from the airport by way of the Hawaii Direct Airport Launch. To begin, observe this vaccine guidelines, which directs you to the right set of necessities based mostly in your closing island vacation spot.
Gadgets on the guidelines embrace:
- Working microchip required
- 30-day minimal ready interval after final rabies vaccine
- 30-day minimal ready interval after FAVN blood pattern has been obtained at lab
- FAVN report have to be obtained on the Animal Quarantine Station earlier than arrival
- Accredited vet should full a well being certificates inside 10 days of your journey and administer flea and tick remedy earlier than flight
- Full HDOA Canine/Cat Launch Type
- Pay DAR charges — $185 in Honolulu; $165 for neighbor island allow
There are extra kinds and necessities based mostly in your island vacation spot.
Particular Hawaiian island necessities for canines
Your island vacation spot and your size of keep change journey necessities:
- Journey to Honolulu, observe Guidelines #1
- Touring on to Kauai, Maui or Kona, observe Guidelines #2 — Requires prior preparations with an authorized vet to fulfill you on the airport at your expense
- Journey to Kauai, Maui or Kona requires a Neighbor Island Import Allow (NIIP) — requested no less than 30 days prematurely of arrival
Will my canine be quarantined in Hawaii?
“If they don’t full all the necessities within the required timeframe, the canine won’t be launched and might be held in quarantine in Hawaii or returned to the purpose of origin on the proprietor’s expense,” in line with HDOA.
Hawaii animal quarantine data:
- Value for 120-day quarantine is $1,080.
- House owners in Kauai could select quarantine on the Kauai Humane Society at $100/day.
Kauai Humane Society created a video information to bringing you canine to Kauai.
For questions in regards to the journey necessities along with your canine, contact Animal Quarantine Station at firstname.lastname@example.org or by cellphone at (808) 483-7151
For all to take pleasure in paradise on arrival, observe HDOA’s vaccine and island necessities and plan early based mostly in your state of affairs.